24 August 2011

R E M E M B E R     M E ?




Finding a quiet moment, where my mind isn't reeling or something else isn't needing attention, has been difficult lately. There's so much to do, so much to think about, so many things to tend to. I'm feeling overwhelmed, a little stressed (still) and confused (still) - but nevertheless, everything is so good (with the exception of Kai... Little friend, who are you these days!? Where did my sweet boy go?).

I hate being neglectful of this place, as it is one of the things that I really love to do most. I hope to find some time this weekend to sit down and spend some one on one time with you, dear blog and faraway friends.

Until then... Does anybody have some great ideas for a small wedding? Also maybe some parenting tips on the Terrible Threes (the 'Twos' were a breeze)?



4 comments:

  1. Hi Alyson,

    Perhaps I could be of help? My specialty are three year olds :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you, I love you, 

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh thank you, Janie! Kai has just become so aggressive with his little brother (1 year old), and very defiant - which is so out of character for him. I know it's normal for a toddler to act out when they feel jealous of a younger sibling, whilst also having to learn new & hard things as he grows. I think he may also be sensing the anxiety of what's to come (full time school & my departure), so although I understand why he's behaving this way, it's still just so stressful. 

    Today was the best day we've had in over a week. I managed to keep them both separated and doing their own things most of the day, which kept them each mostly happy. It's  exhausting, but definitely worth it. At least this way we aren't fighting all day, he's not screaming or getting time outs. I'm hoping I can pull it off again tomorrow. All I want right now is to have a nice, happy and easy time with him since we only have one month left together. It will be interesting to see what happens when Kai gets put in school all day & Asher gets to stay home with me for a month before he enters the same school. Then I'll disappear, and I'm so fearful of how he's going to feel about that. Eeeek! No matter how much I explain it to him, I know he can't fully grasp what's happening. :( I feel awful about it, even though I have very little control over the situation. 
    Ack, I didn't mean to go off like that. So, yes - in short, any advice, tips & wisdom you can share are much welcomed!

    ReplyDelete